Sunday, February 6, 2011

So I have entered into the 3rd trimester!!

Pregnancy is going so fast!!!!  Before we know it our little girl will be here!

Everything has been going really well -  I had a really busy last few months work wise.  I was filling in for my company at Heartland Girls Ranch out in Benson  which was a 3 hour drive for me two days a week. This made for some really long days because I had to fit in my clients on top of the Ranch.  I am now done there - we hired someone full time so looking forward to getting back to just a normal 40 or so hour job a week :)

I had a lot of energy during the 2nd trimester and hope to keep it a while longer into the 3rd trimester.  Let's see some fun things that happened since I posted last - I feel our little girl move everyday and a lot!!  She is one busy little person!

Shawn has felt her move several times as well - in fact this  morning when he was reading her a story (reading my belly a story!) she started kicking - so I think she recognizes his voice!!

Also I did hit a hiccup and failed my first glucose screening - which is a test for gestational diabetes.  I had to go back and spend 4 hours in the lab and got my blood drawn 4 times - they actually poke you in the same spot twice!!  Anyways I passed that screening with flying colors - so don't have to worry about gestational diabetes which was a relief.  I have been trying to eat healthy and continue to work out but I figured once they told me I couldn't eat junk food is when I would start craving it.

Speaking of cravings - my favorite foods have been popcorn, meatballs, and oranges!!!  Of course not all together but love all 3!

I am still feel like I am still really mobile and can do most things :)  I hope this feeling also last a while longer!

Shawn and I went to an all day Childbirth Prep Class on Saturday!  It was a long day but I felt like we really learned a lot!!  Some of the topics were: nutrition, exercise, public health programs, labor and delivery, newborn care, car seat safety, bottle feeding, nursing info and more...  It was a fun experience to do together and we left thinking we learned a lot!  Shawn's one comment after the labor and delivery section to the class was man I think the C Section looks a lot easier :)  ha we watched a video of a delivery!!

This week will be a fun baby week - I have an ultrasound on Wednesday that my mom is coming down to come a long with!!  We are then painting and setting up the nursery!!  Well  I guess my mom and Shawn are since I can't lift heavy things and can't paint - bummer NOT!  But I am so excited to post pics of it when it is done!

So I am now into the 3rd trimester!!  I am 28 weeks - which 37-40 weeks is full term :)  We are getting really excited to meet the little kicker!

Hope to update again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment